Stars for Christmas. Just as for the Woolen Hearts, made of wool fabric and decorated with a few simple things.
The pdf tutorial (with pictures) can be found here, in French and in English.
Woolen Star Christmas Ornament
- pencil and scissors
- wool fabric
- metallic thread and needle
- filling material of your choice (I used scraps of the wool fabric)
- With the star pattern (see pdf), cut two stars in your wool fabric.
- Place the two pieces together, wrong sides together. Sew with the metallic thread, using the blanket stitch. Make sure you leave an opening to insert the filling material. If you make the version with the beads all around the star, add a bead to your stitching every two blanket stitches.
- Insert your filling material and close the opening with the same thread and stitch.
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 30 cm / 12” long. Sew the raphia at the end of one tip.
- Sew a button on top (I used the metallic thread).
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 22 cm / 8” long. Insert it under the button and secure it into place by making a bow. You can cut the ends of the bow to make them even.