Woolen hearts to decorate the Christmas tree. A few pieces of fabric, metallic thread, raphia and a button.
I have written a pdf tutorial (with many pictures!) that you can find here, in French and in English. Have fun!
Woolen Heart Christmas Ornaments
- pencil and scissors
- wool fabric
- metallic thread and needle
- filling material of your choice (I used old t-shirt fabric and scraps of the wool fabric)
- With the heart pattern (see pdf), cut two hearts in your wool fabric.
- Place the two pieces together, wrong sides together. Sew with the metallic thread, using the blanket stitch. Make sure you leave an opening to insert the filling material. If you make the version with the beads all around the heart, add a bead to your stitching every two blanket stitches.
- Insert your filling material and close the opening with the same thread and stitch.
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 30 cm / 12” long. Sew the raphia in the indentation the heart.
- Sew a button on top (I used the metallic thread).
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 22 cm / 8” long. Insert it under the button and secure it into place by making a bow. You can cut the ends of the bow to make them even.