Angels for Christmas. To decorate a tree, a doorknob or a gift. Just as for the Woolen Stars and the Woolen Hearts, I have written a pdf tutorial (with pictures) that can be found here, in French and in English.
Woolen Angel Christmas Ornament
- pencil and scissors
- wool fabric
- metallic thread and needle
- filling material of your choice (I used old t-shirt fabric)
- With the angel pattern (see next page), cut two angels in your wool fabric
- Place the two pieces together, wrong sides together. Sew with the metallic thread, using the blanket stitch. Make sure you leave an opening to insert the filling material (I make the opening at the bottom of the angel). If you make the version with the beads all around the angel, add a bead to your stitching every two blanket stitches.
- Insert your filling material and close the opening with the same thread and stitch.
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 30 cm / 12” long. Sew the raphia on the neck of the angel. See picture below for a view of the back of the angel.
- Cut a piece of raphia, about 22 cm / 8” long. Place it around the neck and throat of the angel and sew just below the throat to keep the raphia into place. Sew a button on top (I used the metallic thread).
- If you make the version without the beads along the edge, sew 3 buttons at the bottom of your angel.
- Cut 8 pieces of metallic thread, about 15 cm / 6” long. Gather the 8 threads together to form one single piece of thread and insert them under the button below the throat. Secure into place with 3-4 knots.