Let me present you my Romantic Heart. It can be crocheted in 30 minutes, which means you can make many in just a few hours. I love it and it makes a beautiful addition to cards and tags (see pictures after the tutorial). You will find below the tutorial for crocheting this versatile romantic heart. You can also go to my web site for a printable version of this pattern, with a chart, a legend of stitches and, of course, pictures.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Tutorial for the Romantic Heart
This heart must be crocheted loosely. Use a hook larger than what is recommended by the manufacturer of the yarn.
- 3.75 mm hook
- Yarn recommended for a 1.75mm hook
- Yarn needle
- Ch 6, join in circle with 1 ss.
- Ch 2, 11 dc. Join with 1 ss. You should have 12 stitches at the end of the row.
- Ch 2, 23 dc. Join with 1 ss. You should have 24 stitches at the end of the row.
- Ch 2, 47 dc. Do not join. You should have 48 stitches at the end of the row.
- Turn the work to the wrong side. Ch 2, 7 dc, 2 sc, 7 ss, 3 sc, 3 dc, 2 tr, 3 dc, 3 sc, 7 ss, 2 sc, 8 dc.
- Turn the work back to the right side. Ch 1, sc all around the heart except for a ss in the nook of the heart (see picture below). It is important to crochet this row loosely to be able to give the work a nice heart shape.