- Cut the legs at the crotch.
- Separate the finished bottoms from the legs.
- Insert the bottom of the leg inside the top of the leg. You now have a folded edge at the bottom.
- Turn the bag inside out and stitch the bottom at 1/4” from the edge. Turn inside out again.
- Trim the bottom stripe you removed from the leg, right along the inside seam. This is the handle.
- Fold the outside fabric toward the inside (by 1/2”). Fold the inside fabric toward the outside. The lengths of both fabrics are not equal. You will have to create a few “darts”. Pin into place. Insert the handle (one end at each side) and pin.
- Sew twice along the top (at 1/8” and 1/4” from the edge). You can add decorative stitches along the handle.
You now have a sturdy bag. Cargo pants give you an extra pocket on the front of the bag. I suggest you use sturdy scissors as you will have to cut through many layers of fabric.
You can find a French version of the tutorial here. Thank you for visiting!