I had the good surprise of being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Olena Pugachova. It is an honor to be nominated by such a talented lady. If you do not already know her, I suggest a visit to her blog.
Rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
It seems that I must write 7 facts about myself. Hmm… What can I say?
- Crafting is as essential as breathing. Well, maybe not as essential, but close. It is essential to my mental health, though. I must do a little bit of something at least once a week. A little bit everyday is better, even if it’s only for 10 minutes.
- I am mostly an autodidact. I had drawing courses when I was a little girl and took a hand-quilting course about 10 years ago, but beside those, I mostly learned by myself. Not always the easy way, let me tell you.
- I cannot restrain myself to one project. Therefore, I always have a pile of work-in-progress projects. The excitement of starting something new is the best part of any creation, in my opinion. If you leave a project aside long enough, it become an exciting new project. And if you put is aside more than once, it becomes a exciting, new and quick project. Isn’t that fantastic? But don’t get me wrong, I highly admire those who can concentrate on one project at a time.
- I have a passion for fabric, old and new. Walking in a fabric store, touching the various textures, as well as admiring colors and motifs, is an activity I would do any day of the year. But I find that old fabric (clothes, sheets, etc.) have its own appeal, in terms of beauty (an old fabric is not less beautiful) and texture (soft and flexible).
- I cannot bear throwing away fabric. I keep all old clothes, sheets and the like and have now a huge quantity of them. I therefore gave myself the goal of using this available fabric before buying any. No trip to the fabric stores for anything else than tools and notions. And you know what? Having to use what you have on hand sparks creativity.
- I have always had a passion about sewing, but it does not stand alone: reading, writing, paper crafts, embroidery, knitting, crocheting… Just to name a few. Mixing them is always exciting. Crafting-writing-blogging. Paper-fabric. Quilting-embroidery. The possibilities are infinite!
- I started blogging in October 2013. My first post was about a quilt called Butterflies in the Garden that I have made for my niece.
Now is the easy part–nominating up to 15 bloggers for this award. I follow many, many blogs. On second thought, this part is not so easy–how can I choose only 15? It was not easily done…
- Cloth and Paper Studio
- Confession of a Fabric Addict
- Den Syende Himmel
- Die Nähmeise
- Freemotion by the River
- Handmade by Amalia
- Hopeful Honey
- Joy’s Jots, Shots & Whatnots
- Karen’s Quilts, Crows and Cardinals
- Patchouli Moon Studio
- Sew Fresh Quilts
- Val’s Quilting Studio
- Whims And Fancies