This heart is my current project. I should say hearts, as I’ve almost finished a fourth one. My goal is to turn them into a small quilt. I’m offering you a tutorial on how to make this addictive heart project–with a pattern, a stitch table and some more. The stitches are easy to accomplish for a beginner and fun to do, whatever your skill level. The tutorial (with a pattern of the three hearts and a stitch table) is available on my web site in a printable format (in English and in French). Enjoy!
- Solid fabric, beige or white, ironed
- Embroidery floss: red (DMC 815 et 816), beige (DMC 420 et 435), green (DMC 3346)
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery hoop
- Tracing paper (or any other transparent paper; at worst regular paper)
- Place a sheet of tracing paper over the pattern of the three hearts. Transfer the pattern on the tracing paper by drawing all the lines with a pencil.
- Cut a 24 cm / 9 1/2” square out of your solid fabric.
- Place the tracing paper in the center of the square previously cut (the side with the drawing made with the pencil directly on the fabric). Transfer the pattern on the fabric by drawing again all the lines with a pencil.
- Stitch by following the stitch table you will find next to the pattern. Start with the bottom tip of the heart and continue counterclockwise if you are right-handed (clockwise if left-handed).
Have fun and send me a picture of your heart! I would love to see it!